Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Story Day! Make a "T"ent and read in it

If you haven't already, now it's time to crack into the books that you picked up from the library this week.

I think daily reading is essential for children, but this day make it even more special. Since we are going with the whole letter "T" theme this week, you can make a TENT by draping sheets over the couch....then READ UNDER IT TOGETHER. How fun is that? What kid doesn't like a fort. You can even bust out the flashlights to make it extra cool. My little warning though, just don't leave little ones alone around it, you don't want them to get trapped.



Have you checked out Good Reads? It is a great site to track the books you have read. I will track each book my child reads and give it a rating. Then I can go back and re-check out the books that got five star ratings. You can add books to "bookshelves." These are essentially tags. So I have "Dinosaur Train" and since my oldest read it with me, it goes on "K's bookshelf." However, since my youngest read it as well, it goes on "J's bookshelf." That way I can see which books each child read and liked!

No comments:

Post a Comment